144/430 Dual Band C4FM/FM Digital Repeater
The YAESU DR-1X is a digital/conventional FM dual mode repeater that covers the VHF and UHF amateur radio bands. It was developed for use with System Fusion. Replacing your conventional FM repeater with the DR-1X will provide continued use of conventional FM communication while integrating the use of digital communication functions through its unique AMS capability.
The DR-1X is the production release of our popular DR-1 repeater that was released for Beta testing earlier this year. The DR-1X includes several hardware and software changes that improve reliability and external interfacing capabilities.
** Duty cycle is 50% at 50 Watts, 100% at 20 Watts in a climate controlled environment
The repeater controller, receiver and transmitter are all packaged into a 19” standard cabinet rack mount panel unit for simple replacement of an existing repeater. Existing peripheral devices such as the duplexer and amplifier, etc., can continue to be used as-is.
Please see the DR-1X Brochure and Manual for installation examples of Repeater Set-Up replacing existing Analog FM Repeater
- Modulation Modes: Conventional FM, 12.5 kHz C4FM Digital (V/D Mode, VFR Mode, DFR Mode) *
- VHF or UHF operation (cross-band capable)
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select) function automatically recognizes the signal as C4FM digital or conventional FM, and then the DR-1X repeater retransmits the signal using the preset communications mode.
- 3.5-inch Full Color Touch Panel Operation
- Extremely reliable, high RF Output Power: 50W/20W/10W
- Emergency Operation: Supports auto-switched backup battery power operation.
- Front panel microphone connector is provided for use in repeater transmitter testing, and enables use as a base station.
- Built-in large-size monitor speaker with front panel volume control
- Full Integrability with existing repeater controllers using the 15 Pin rear I/O connection.
*System Fusion is not compatible with the D-STAR GMSK digital format.
User Friendly Set-Up
The large front panel, color touch-screen permits convenient configuration of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, transmit power output and AMS functions. When the settings are complete the display can be switched off to prevent accidental operation. Simply turn the display switch ON and use the touch panel screen to confirm or change settings. The transmit and receive frequencies, CTCSS tones, squelch, AMS, and other functions are configured by the touch panel screen
Touch Panel Operation
Enjoy the ease of using the DR-1X 3.5-inch Full Color Touch Panel Operation:
- Setup screen
- Frequency setting screen
- CTCSS setting screen
- Internal AC Power Supply
- 19″ Rack Mount Capable
- High Stability ±2.5ppm TCXO included
- DSQ (Digital Squelch Code) Signaling Feature
- CTCSS and DCS Signaling Feature
- ID Announcement Feature
- Remote/External Controller Interface
- Base Station Operation
- Time Out Timer
- Firmware Upgradeable
DR-1X Supplied Accessories
- AC Cable
- DC Cable for backup battery
- PC Connection Cable SCU-20
- Rubber Feet (4)
- DTMF Microphone MH-48A6JA
- Hand Microphone MH-42C6J
- Voice Guide Unit FVS-2
- Frequency range 144 to 148 MHz, 430 to 450 MHz
- Channel steps 5/6.25 kHz
- Emission type F1D, F2D, F3E, F7W
- Frequency stability ±2.5 ppm (-4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C))
- Antenna impedance 50 ohms
- Supply Voltage AC 100 to 240 V
- DC 11.7 to 15.8 V, negative ground
- 1.5 A (Receive)
- 13 A (50 W TX, 144 MHz band)
- 14 A (50 W TX, 430 MHz band)
- Operating temperature -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Dimensions: 19″(W) × 3.5″(H) × 15″(D)
- Weight : 22.05 lbs (10 kg) approximately
- RF power output 50/20/5 W
- Modulation type F1D, F2D, F3E Variable Reactance Modulation
- F7W 4FSK (C4FM)
- Spurious emission At least 60 dB below
- Circuit type Double conversion super-heterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies 1st: 47.25 MHz, 2nd: 450 kHz
- Receiver sensitivity
- 0.3 .V (Digital 2 m/70 cm) BER 1%
- 0.2 .V (FM 2 m/70 cm) 12dB SINARD
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity Better than 65 dB TYP (20 kHz offset)
- Selectivity FM 12 kHz/35 kHz (-6 dB/-60 dB)
- Intermodulation Better than 65 dB TYP (20 /40 kHz offset)
- Audio output 4 W (4ohm., THD 10%, 13.8 V; internal speaker)
Click here to be taken to the DR-1X product page on the Yaesu website.