How to install FT2D firmware USB driver?

SYSTEM FUSION Forums Requests and Feedback How to install FT2D firmware USB driver?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sirrosh 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DG1DAC
    Participant

Hello OM,

to setup a Firmware Update connection to the portable Yaesu FT2D by SCU-19 USB cable,
    seems an installation with the SCU-19 (prolific 2303) driver, on windows 8.1 not possible.
    Prolific notes:

– Windows 8/8.1/10 are NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.

But on Windows 7.
    Here the installation of the inf. device driver dosn’t work.

Only on Windows 10 creators the SCU-19 (prolific 2303) driver and Device inf installation
    is sucessfull, but in the end, the FT2D dos not show up in the Windows device manager and
    get no COM port after connect the USB cable.

On all three Microsoft Systems I don’t get a connection to the portabel FT2D, by supplied SCU-19 USB cabel and software. I got long time exeperience over years, with a lot of other devices and did this much times before, I know how to look at it. But in this case, what is my mistake?

For example:
    With an buyed ADMS FT2 programmer soft it is easy to setup the device USB connection and it work fine.
    But with this programmer ADMS soft, firmware updates are not possible?

How to fix this?
    What is the right way to bring firmwareupdates to the FT2D device?

Greetings Christoph

sirrosh
    Participant

Hi,

the problem is that half a world was using fake PL chipsets, including Yaesu, Aten, Panasonic and many others. From certain point Prolific had modified their drivers in the special way, making them not to support clones, and from that point dishonest OEMs just “stopped supporting” their products under W8/10.

However this situation is correctable using a patched PL2303 driver. There are several versions, try to find working in your case. I have no issues with FT2D, but had other products on fake PL2303. Here you can download a patched driver that helped me, hope this will solve your issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.