C4FM FDMA/FM 144/430 MHz DUAL BAND TRANSCEIVER
Introducing the FTM-100DR VHF/UHF Dual Band Transceiver, an exciting new way to enter into Yaesu’s revolutionary world of System Fusion C4FM Digital Communications. The FTM-100DR’s single receiver design provides 50 solid Watts of RF power on both the 144 and 430 MHz amateur radio bands, while still being host to a feature packed suite of both C4FM Digital and FM Analog communications capabilities that fit every amateur radio operators needs.
Designed with simplicity and convenience in mind, the FTM-100DR’s highly visible and compact 160 x 40 pixel graphical dot-matrix display can be detached from the body of the radio and remotely mounted providing even more installation options. This vibrant white LED backlit display provides a clear and crisp view of the radios current operating status, not limited to GPS Information, SD Card status, and Operating band name/memory channel tags (Alphanumeric).
The FTM-100DR operates in three (3) Digital modes and an (1) Analog mode to suit your needs. This feature packed radio is our first Digital Mobile equipped with our new Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function that instantly detects the received signal mode. The AMS function enables stress-free operation and eliminates the need to manually switch between communication modes.
V/D Mode (Voice/Data simultaneous communication mode)
The digital voice signal is transmitted in one half of the band width. Simultaneously the other half of the 12.5 kHz band width channel is used for error correction of the voice signal and other data. By incorporating powerful error correction technology developed for professional communication devices, effective error correction codes provide the advantage of fewer interruptions to conversations. The Clear Voice technology developed for the C4FM FDMA Digital mode provides the ideal balance of error correction and sound quality.
Voice FR mode (Voice Full Rate Mode)
This mode uses the full 12.5 kHz bandwidth to transmit digital voice data. The increased amount of voice data permits high quality voice communication, providing superb sound quality for a “rag chew” with friends.
Data FR mode (High Speed Data Communication Mode)
This high-speed data communication mode uses the full 12.5 kHz bandwidth for data communication. The transceiver automatically switches to Data FR mode when transmitting snapshot pictures, and can be used to transmit large quantities of data at high speed.
Analog FM mode
Analog FM is effective when weak signal strength causes audio drop out in the digital mode, and enables communication up to the borderline of the noise level. Also the use of established Yaesu low power circuit designs provides greater efficiency than the digital modes. This is the typical FM mode used by most typical non-digital handhelds and VHF/UHF mobiles.
Digital and Analog FM Capable
There is no reason to lose communications with friends who have not yet chosen to transition to Digital. The FTM-100DR performs perfectly well using both Analog FM and C4FM Digital, and can flawlessly integrate into either operating environment.
Rugged Powerful Transmitter
Transmitter RF Power Output: 50 W / 20 W / 5 W. Modulation Type: F1D, F2D, F3E: Variable Reactance Modulation, F7W: 4FSK (C4FM)
High Audio Output Power
Loud 3 Watt Audio Outputs with the internal speaker. 8 Watt output using Optional External Speaker (MLS-200-M10)
Large BUSY/TX Indicator
Two large and vibrant multi-colored BUSY/TX LED status indicators clearly show the current operating state of the transceiver, turning Green when receiving an analog FM transmission and blue when receiving digital.
- The top half lights green when in the BUSY/RX state.
- The top half lights red during transmission.
- The bottom half lights blue while receiving or transmitting digital voice signals.
- The bottom half lights white while receiving or transmitting digital data.
- The bottom half blinks blue when receiving the signal containing a different TONE frequency or DCS code other than the one configured.
Built-in 66 channel GPS receiver and antenna provides location, time, direction and APRS® information. A GPS Logging Function is included.
1200/9600bps APRS® (Automatic Packet Reporting System) Data communication capability included.
Law abiding (where required) Hands-free operation is available by using the optional wireless Bluetooth® unit and headset. Optional Bluetooth® unit (BU-2) required.
Voice Guide and Recording Function
Optional Voice Guide Unit (FVS-2) announces your current operating frequency, band change and APRS® messages. You can record up to 5 minutes of received signals, or continuously record the last 30 seconds of received audio.
Digital Group Monitor (GM) Function
The digital GM function automatically checks whether members registered to a group are within the communication range, and displays information such as the distance and orientation for each call sign on the screen. This useful function not only enables you to see which friends are within communication range, it also permits you to see at a glance where all group members are located. Additionally, this function can be used to send messages and image data between group members. The Digital Group Monitor applies to direct communications between members; it is not applicable through a repeater.
This is valuable feature for public service group activites, Search & Rescue operations, and any number of other uses limited only by your imagination!
- 108 – 137 MHz (Air Band)
- 137 – 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
- 174 – 400 MHz (GEN1)
- 400 – 480 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
- 480 – 999.99 MHz (GEN2) Cellular Blocked (North American model)
- 144 – 146 MHz or 144 – 148 MHz
- 430 – 440 MHz or 430 – 450 MHz
Other Useful Features
- 500 Memory Channels for each A(Main) band and B(Sub) band
- Storage of the Memory channels and personal settings on an inserted micro SD card
- By using a micro SD card, it is easy to copy and transfer the radio data to other compatible radios
- Versatile Scanning Receiver for Monitoring Enthusiasts (VFO Scan, Memory Scan, etc)
- Digital Clock
- Timer function: Event timer with Lap or count down functions
- Receives and Forwards Digital Image Data (Does not support MH85A11U Camera Microphone).
* The Bluetooth® name and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such trademarks by Yaesu Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
* APRS® is a registered trademark of Bob Bruninga, WB4APR.